Monday, July 8, 2013

Off to the races!

Got back from the UK, and Mark stopped in while we were gone to make sure it 1-survived the 95 degree heat, and 2- laid down.  Successful on both fronts, so I owe you that shot of The Balvenie.

First flower
These leaves are the biggest I've ever had

After rounding the corner, noticed some bugs under a few leaves... quick research suggested that I terminate potential squash beetles at all cost, lest I lose my pumpkin, and then my tomatoes.  Used soap/water mix, and a little plant insect spray just to be sure

There is a little rust in spots, and some browning where some leaves were burned, but otherwise healthy with about 65 leaves so far
Buried about a dozen taps, and went the extra mile tonight to also dig under a couple in the lawn- those branches got really dry last year, so hoping I can keep them going further out.

Few first female buds, one of these two may be where I set it, about 11-12' from the start.  Just need to pick up a little more 3-way mix and a bucket of sand this week...



No comments:

Post a Comment